Monday, April 10, 2017

Attachments and Tray 3

Alright so it's the start of my third day with tray 3 and these attachments. I got the attachments on at 9am Saturday morning. This process wasn't as bad as some other blogs I had found made it seem to be.

She started by putting this bendable plastic device in my mouth to hold back my lips, then she dried my teeth. Then she used what she called "shampoo" on my teeth and let that sit for about 60 seconds, she used a bit of suction to get that off. After that she put the bonding agent on my teeth that would be getting the attachments and she put the resin in the temporary tray and then put that on my teeth and set it with that blue light. My top teeth took all the attachments great the first time and I have 10 attachments on my upper teeth. She had to do the bottom twice as 2 attachments on my molars popped off (I've got another 6 attachments on my lower teeth). I've attached a picture showing my attachments (excuse my facial). I am not adept at taking selfies!


Getting the attachments on was a breeze and didn't hurt one bit! and even when she put in the new tray (Tray 3) it didn't "hurt" persay, but there was a bit of pressure felt on the teeth with attachments. That pressure got a bit more intense as the day went on and taking the trays in and out has definitely become more difficult.

Sunday was day 2 and it was a bit worse than day one. In the morning and afternoon I didn't want to take my trays out much. So I only took them out to eat breakfast and brush and floss my teeth, then back in they went and I didn't take them out again until dinner time.

As I said today is the start of day 3 I don't feel any more pressure today and I took my trays out for breakfast and to brush and floss. I definitely need a mirror in order to take the trays out. Maybe after a week or two I will master not being able to look in the mirror to remove them. The same happened with the first tray. It took me awhile to get used to taking them in and out without a mirror present.

My ortho wanted me to switch up my trays and change them every week instead of every two weeks, but I am out of town when she is back next so I won't see her until June and I still need my Myobrace. so I have to stay with changing the trays out every 2 weeks; and apparently they are ordering my Myobrace and then I can video chat with my ortho's assistant to learn how to use it (once it comes in).

Apparently I have to wear it at night and then about 1-2 hours during the day which there will be specific exercises I have to do; which is what I need Jane's (assistant) with.

No comments:

Post a Comment